Welcome to Bethel Congregational Church, UCC
We are an Open and Affirming UCC Congregation! Kid-Friendly, too!
YOU are invited to join us in Worship
Sundays at 9:30am
Sunday August 21st , 2016 9:30am
Sermon - Just Do It - On Purpose
Come a little early at 9:15am to "Meet and Greet" folks, grab some coffee, etc...
Please - Plan to join us to have a great Sunday morning, and - Feel free to bring your family and friends as we continue celebrate the triumph of Love...and contemplate our response
Some Focus Questions for this week:
All Readings For This Sunday
Jeremiah 1:4-10 with Psalm 71:1-6 or
Isaiah 58:9b-14 with Psalm 103:1-8 and
Hebrews 12:18-29 and
1. What kinds of healing might we offer to those we may or may not notice in our places of worship?
2. In what ways do we hinder liberation and healing for the sake of rules and tradition?
3. Is the suffering of some people easier to avoid than others, or to miss entirely?
4. Have you ever experienced grace coming to you, even when you didn't have the strength or confidence to ask for it?
5. How do you imagine the bent-over woman's life was different, the day after she was healed?
We will focus on Jeremiah, Hebrews, and Luke
After worship, stay for a fellowship (snacks, tea, coffee), something we always enjoy!
(Palms will be provided!)- See more at: http://betheluccontario.org/special_events/#sthash.heK9uxF1.dpuf
Dr. Sylvia Lee Mann is Bethel's Pastor and Minister of Music, serves on the faculty of California State University Dominguez Hills (Music and Humanities),and is widely known as musician, artist and inspirational speaker. To learn more about Dr. Mann, visit the church's music site http://bethelontariomusic.com, or her personal site, http://sylvialeemann.com
Welcome! Bethel United Church of Christ is a church that does God’s work in the world, nurtures spiritual growth, and helps to build a loving community.No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here. Bethel UCC Ontario is an Open and Affirming congregation.